OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg Demos, Steelermike and NY Coral King could not be with us this year.

Please welcome these vendors to our line-up...

Cheezy Corals, Xclusive Seahorses, and Coralust "Reef Solutions"

Coralust Logo store front sign with cora email footer 2 shrimp.png
SeaHorse Logo.jpg
cheezy.png

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragtoberfest is this Saturday 10/6. Don't forget that you get in an hour early if you are a CTARS member! Please have your card handy at the door.

jpg.jpg

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragtoberfest is this Saturday 10/6. Don't forget that you get in an hour early if you are a CTARS member! Please have your card handy at the door.

jpg.jpg
Can we also pay for our membership at the door? Unfortunately I let my membership laps when I took my break from the hobby there years ago.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there when the doors openned for members. Anybody on the fence about going, grab the car keys and go. I really thought the show was great.

Somehow I dropped $300 on SPS corals. Some great deals to be had.

Kudos to the organizers for doing a great job.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife won the seahorses. No tank for them, no idea how to care for them.... We are in trouble. Drove around for a couple hours getting things together to put them in a tank. They are about to go in now then I can relax before bed.
Great show though.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got most of what I wanted and some things I didn't expect @ killer prices. The only downfall was the raffle. There was a ton of negative talk going around about the vendors taking part. Check I've heard some vendor's making the same comments. I kinda agree. It should be for the patrons. Most of us couldn't compete with the amount of tickets they put in after taking all of our money. ;p

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehh, it’s what it is. I got all excited because I thought I won something, turns out someone else wrote my number on their ticket, lol. I won nothing. I did pick up a cool zoa that it turns out I overpaid a little for. Oh well, that’s what I get for not having a good idea of what things are going for. The hobby has taken a back seat to everything else for some time. I went just to check things out, this is the first event I’ve been able to make in years. It was a good show and I had a good time despite my poor luck. Makes me want to finally finish my tank build that’s been on the back burner for years.

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got most of what I wanted and some things I didn't expect @ killer prices. The only downfall was the raffle. There was a ton of negative talk going around about the vendors taking part. Check I've heard some vendor's making the same comments. I kinda agree. It should be for the patrons. Most of us couldn't compete with the amount of tickets they put in after taking all of our money. ;p

It was real nice to see many of our reefing friends all in one place. and there were many nice pieces and some good prices as well.

I don't know why people would be upset at vendors joining a Raffle. Isn't a raffle normally a fund raiser so the more tickets the better it is for the club? Also the vendors (Many are club members) put a lot of work and expense into purchasing a booth, getting all the stuff there and then taking it all down.
Just my opinion

Ivan j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME SHOW, my first time and I will definitely be coming back for next years!!!

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else get swiftly handed a bunch of free Xenia after telling someone your 6line ate it.... I have a qt loaded right now.

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their was emerald crabs for $5 I wanted to get one.... Forgot about them

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I did not like was the way Pop Corals conducted their transactions.
They charged your CC purchase amount and NY rate sales tax. (Why are you charging NY sales tax in Cromwell CT!)
They were the only vendor that did this out of the 6 that I purchased from. (No one else charged any sales tax what so ever!)
They need to be up front with their practices. You don't find out until you either have alerts for your CC or decide to log in just to check, they did not offer email receipt so that you would have known while still at the event.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vendors are always allowed to participate in the raffle. All the funds go directly back to the club and the more people spend the better chance they have to win. One vendor in particular dropped over $350 into the raffle. The raffle money makes it possible to put on great events like this and have door prizes, good venue, affordable t shirts and more.

Thanks for coming out to the show. It was a blast!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back