OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO water is pumping into the new tank! Should get it salty by tomorrow. Going to be out of town on Monday and Tuesday so will probably get some rock in it on Wednesday.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially have the 75 running! Moved everything from the breeder over and I am really happy with the result. Still need to makes some Apex changes, wire up the stand lights to the Apex, and get the dosing going. My MP40 was sent in for service so I'm running my MP10 and some Hydor's. The BeanAnimal is amazing and is completely silent!

This tank actually made the room so much better. It gave us a chance to move some items around and make the room more comfortable.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew you were holding out on us!
Looking really good!

Thanks!

I just ordered two Kessil A160WE lights! I'm going to add them to supplement the 6 bulb T5 and to hopefully add a little shimmer!

Everything in the new tank is looking good. I have some diatoms but the CUC have been working away. I also ordered some 2 Part and I hope this will help keep calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium stable!

I had to send my MP40 in for some service. Ecotech did an amazing job and really took care of me. Major props to them! Now I'm waiting for a QuietDrive to become available so I can buy one!

My next purchase will be something for auto water changes. I was looking at the Genesis system, but may save some money and get the Neptunes DOS. Still need to research a little more.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally finished getting all my Apex items set up and programmed! Also have the LED stand lights programmed to come on when I open the door! I love that feature!

I'm currently using 11 outlets but with the lights, it will be 13. I'll have three extra outlets in case I want to use my reactor or add a fan or something.

I'm going to build a side cabinet to house the ATO and dosing containers. Will post up some pictures of that after it's complete!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like it's Christmas eve! My Kessil lights are supposed to arrive today and I'm just so pumped to get them going. I can't stop thinking about it!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Kessil's set up and programmed with the Apex! Really happy with the color and the shimmer they add to the T5's!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a little mishap a week or so ago. My doser malfunctioned and dosed a half gallon of ALK into the tank. Took a few days to clear up and I lost a Blue Echinata.

It's looking a bit better now!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is surprisingly looking good. Over the last few months, I had a major ALK overdose, found and treated red bugs and found and treated flat worms!

Hopefully I got all those things out of the way early! I added 6 new SPS pieces and they are all looking good. I have a green birdsnest that I've been trying to sell. It is larger than a football and takes up too much space!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? :)

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been a long time since I've updated! I had a really busy summer last year and we ended up buying a new house! I of course moved the 75G into the new house. Our water at the new house is pretty bad and I went through a large algae issue including bryopsis.

I fixed the water issue and the algae is finally gone!

Here's some pics!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice house and tank looks good!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back