*FrankAbagnale's Sweet Mixed Reef Build*

1000_smiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I will be following along. Might have to get them to build me an overflow just like yours.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too new has really happened with the build. I did order the AquaticLife light hangers and received those last week. The overflow should be here any day now!

My plan was to order my sump last week. Unfortunately I had some issues with my car I had to take care of. Ended up spending quite a bit of money working on my car.

After spending all the money working on my car....I decided to trade it. Haha. So now I need to take care of the sales tax for the new car. Will probably slow the build down a tiny bit.

Here's the old ride.

And the new ride!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice overflow.
The one i just posted pics of in my build thread is BAO, too. :)
I have the same dosing containers too, but don't use them anymore since I switched to a CaRx.
Luckily Ben is local to me.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice overflow.
The one i just posted pics of in my build thread is BAO, too. :)
I have the same dosing containers too, but don't use them anymore since I switched to a CaRx.
Luckily Ben is local to me.

Thanks! I actually heard about BAO from one of your threads I believe. I have put some thought into using him for my sump as well. The $$ just adds up quickly!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang....It's been awhile before I had any substantial updates for the thread!

I've been pretty busy lately and have spent a lot of money. Biggest thing I bought was an engagement ring! Proposed to my girlfriend this last week.....and she said yes!

On top of that, I received my overflow, a 3/4" return, light fixture hangers, bought an MP40, Trigger System Sump, and a DC Return!! I have everything in except the pump, but I expect it on Thursday.

I also bought some new diamond bits and hope to drill the tank tomorrow!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on the forum quite a bit lately, but have been taking my time on the build. I had to send the overflow back to be rebuilt and finally got it back yesterday. The tank is drilled and I have the back painted.

Just moved the stand inside and will get the tank put on the stand tonight. I decided to put this tank in a different place. It's going to make moving things from the breeder a lot easier!

Also bought a Bubble Magus doser, the sand, and probably some other stuff I can't think of.

Here's a pic of the breeder!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank moved to the stand! Not so easy without any help. I did the plumbing in my garage so it will be pretty easy to put back together inside. I also installed some LED's in the stand. I'm hooking them up to the Apex so they'll come on when the doors are opened.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite tank I ever had was a 75. Like what you have done so far. Will be following along to watch it continue to come together.

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish i had the patience and knowledge to do a video like that! haha

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite tank I ever had was a 75. Like what you have done so far. Will be following along to watch it continue to come together.

Awesome. Thanks for following. I'm excited about the 75 but wish I had the room to go bigger!

Very Nice.. I am going to look for that overflow box..

Definitely shoot Ben an email. He does nice work. Building An Obsession

i wish i had the patience and knowledge to do a video like that! haha

Haha I like doing that kinda stuff for fun. I have a decent amount of videos on YouTube and Vimeo of random stuff.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back