Free Asterina stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeslieP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LeslieP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
233
Reaction score
100
Location
Waterford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whopping load of asterina stars in my 125g. They aren't harming anything but if anyone wants some, I have plenty to share for free.
 
I would definitely take some but they would die in shipping to MN here where it feels like -10 out
 
I feel for you - it's not that cold here yet, but it's coming and I'm not looking forward to it!
 
There are some varieties that may be detrimental to corals but these are not that kind, they are harmless. They eat the algae on the rocks and the walls of the tank. And provide food for harlequin shrimp ;)
 
They run the whole gamut. Some are tiny "star" fragments and some are ~1/4" across and full stars
 
I haven't decided yet - I would like to but it may depend upon my son's basketball schedule. I can either bring them if I go, or I may be able to find someone to bring them for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new