Free live Phyto...

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I recently expanded my Phyto culturing system to larger 6.5g jugs, better lighting on timers etc. and my Phyto took off like crazy. I thought I'd bottle some up and sell it at a pretty good deal to fellow Reefers but the USPS shipping delays has me concerned that it won't live through their constant delays lately, so, I have quite a few bottles of freshly harvested Phyto(Nanno) that I just bottled up ready to go. This Phyto is from Mercer of Montana cultures, feed it F2 and use RO/DI water with Tropic Marin salt. If you'd like a few bottles of fresh good quality Phyto for free shoot me a PM. I'm in the Cedar Creek area, zip 78612. Thank you!

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe, man. I'd love to take you up on that offer, but I live in Lakeway and I'm too lazy to make the hour drive. I'm hoping to get my own Phyto and Pod culture going soon though. Do you have a thread showing your setup? I've been looking at the easy systems from Poseidon Reef Systems, but haven't convinced my wife to let me have the real estate in the laundry room to run them yet ;-)

OP
OP
JohnGP

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey rsumner,
I don't have a thread for my setup, it's pretty basic as far as Phyto culture goes. I started with the 1/2g jars, a cheap light and an air pump, then I moved up to 1g jars and now have 6.5g glass jugs with LED grow lights on a timer.

Shoot man, make the drive out for some free Phyto, hate to just throw it away.

OP
OP
JohnGP

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you AmaleeC! Are you in Texas, if so I've got more! lol.

OP
OP
JohnGP

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Cole.mormon,
Sorry but ended up downsizing back to small jars as I was ending up with way more than I could use and ended up dumping most of it. If I do go back to the bigger "jars" and have extra I'll shoot you a pm.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back