Free puffer to a good home!

Dianne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a darling dog-faced puffer, free to a good home. I've had him for almost 6 years, and he's about 6". Very interactive with people, wiggles and smiles when he sees someone he recognizes and can spot someone across the room. He also recognizes his food container 15' away and gets very excited! I just started training him with the "Fish School" kit.

You may wonder why I'm looking to adopt him out. The physical tank maintenance (150 gal) was becoming difficult for me, and my fish were quite large; so I donated my other fish to Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco last year. They were unable to adopt my dog-faced puffer--lucky for him since my beloved pets all died before leaving Steinhart's QT. The new home I found for my puffer wasn't suitable--the prospective owner was putting him in a 71-degree tank in a garage with no tank mates. Between that experience and being heartbroken about the fate of my other pets, it has taken until now to actively look again. Maybe it's my imagination, but he seems sad and lonely without friends of his own species.

Please contact me if you're interested:

[email protected]

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back