!!!FREE REEF ANAGRAMS, Er wait, I mean REEF ROIDS, yep "FREE" REEF ROIDS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep, honestly no idea what took me so long to get on the Roids wagon. I mean I've known Phil a long time now, and we have always had a great rapport. Never even once did he pitch me, or try to push any Polyp lab products my way. Which I find tremendously refreshing! But, it was just last week, after chatting with a good friend who has been using Reef Roids for years, with results I've seen first hand that are undeniably impressive, I figured it was time to give Phil a ring and start using his renowned food in my own systems. Apparently, I am pretty much the last one to the party. lol.

Anyway, he hooked me up with the 5 pounder and a ton of samples! Paid for, not a kickback, nor did he have anything to do with my decision to make this post. I'm a customer just like you guys. So what that means, is that not only will I be target feeding my sps for the first time ever. I'll also be sending free samples of Reef Roids or Polyp Booster in select orders, for as long as they last. And who knows, when I run out, I'll probably get another box of samples and keep it going!

IMG_0718.jpeg

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The stuff goes a long way. I have a bunch of those little samples. They give out so many samples it is hard to believe they make money.
The stuff is pretty good food and like feeding it to gonis and sps.

I see some Polyp booster in that box too..

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Dave! ill admit i have always been skeptical about how well this will work on sps, which explains my hesitation to ever use it but we will certainly see. And yep, he sent some Polyp Booster in there as well. have you ever used that stuff?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Dave! ill admit i have always been skeptical about how well this will work on sps, which explains my hesitation to ever use it but we will certainly see. And yep, he sent some Polyp Booster in there as well. have you ever used that stuff?

Yea I have a sample at home that I got RAP. Really not large enough sample to tell anything though. I think it is a amino acid. I do not mind amino but if you feed our corals they do get aminos from the food so I would use sparingly with other coral foods. Using too much can spike nutrients.

For me aminos can be good to trigger a feeding response especially in NPS corals. Also seems to help with polyp extension.

I think those who experience low nutrients instead of adding phosphate and nitrogen would better off with aminos and some food. It solves the low nutrient problem plus benefit some corals with food too so it is a win win.

Last edited:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it slow Adam with the food. I have used reef roids and polyp booster and it will send your nutrients through the roof real quick.

Did they said they recommend target feeding the corals?

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adam, I like the polyp booster better then the roids. I feel it helps the corals soak it up better while the roids just raise nutrients.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on how you run your tank. I feed a small scoop of reef roids every other day into my 50 gallon and I still read 0 phosphates.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting. thanks a lot for the feedback guys! really appreciate it. I'll definitely keep an eye on nutrients here the next few weeks

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess it depends on how you run your tank. I feed a small scoop of reef roids every other day into my 50 gallon and I still read 0 phosphates.

Phosphates are a tricky thing because they bind with calcium carbonate. So they bind with live rock and if you have sand that can increase the amount being bound. One day you have zero and the next day you have more than enough.

Anyway they certainly can be added without spiking your nutrients and how much really depends on the system. Any food or amino acid can do this too. Always use caution when adding anything to a aquarium.

I actually add reefroids, gonipower, and coral frenzy but I am keeping allot of gorgonia and goniopra in some of my systems which like food.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using both booster and roids for awhile now and like the results. I usually add 10-12 drops of booster daily (40 breeder) when i feed my fish family and i target feed roids once a week on my water change day which helps with possible extra nutrients. Ive also found that target feeding a stung or damaged coral with roids daily for several days or more greatly increses survival and new tissue growth.

I would use roids daily but i use rotifiers daily which i believe to be fantastic too.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ive been using both booster and roids for awhile now and like the results. I usually add 10-12 drops of booster daily (40 breeder) when i feed my fish family and i target feed roids once a week on my water change day which helps with possible extra nutrients. Ive also found that target feeding a stung or damaged coral with roids daily for several days or more greatly increses survival and new tissue growth.

I would use roids daily but i use rotifiers daily which i believe to be fantastic too.

Interesting info as well. Thanks a lot for the post

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you even own nutrient test kits?! Ha!

I don't so lol. An old green phos egg with a low laser error message or something like that. hasn't works for a long time

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't so lol. An old green phos egg with a low laser error message or something like that. hasn't works for a long time
I think all my kits have to be expired by now. If I have anything worth sending I’ll send it your way. Lord knows I’m using them

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam testing phosphates and nitrates :D
Now that’s a sight I would pay to see

As you always have advised me - these are creatures that need to eat ! Feed away and your semi automatic water changes will handle everything

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think all my kits have to be expired by now. If I have anything worth sending I’ll send it your way. Lord knows I’m using them

Ha! sounds good to me. can't say no to that.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been easing into it. Only feeding once a week so far.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back