Reef Roids and Brightwell Aminos (feeding together)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I feed my little deskmate a helping of Reef Roids or Reef Chili every Tuesday (day after my water change) in my 5 gallon nano.

I just got a free sample of Brightwell Aquatics Aminos, and was wondering if dosing that with my weekly reef roids/chili will cause any issues.

Long term I probably won't use the aminos once the bottle runs out, but wanted to see if it might be worth it to use it for a little bost.

On the other hand not sure if I should just keep with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I feed my little deskmate a helping of Reef Roids or Reef Chili every Tuesday (day after my water change) in my 5 gallon nano.

I just got a free sample of Brightwell Aquatics Aminos, and was wondering if dosing that with my weekly reef roids/chili will cause any issues.

Long term I probably won't use the aminos once the bottle runs out, but wanted to see if it might be worth it to use it for a little bost.

On the other hand not sure if I should just keep with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Works just fine… I mix roids, coral amino, zeo back, and coral snow all together and feed my tank 3 times a week.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, just did my feeding, and i must say....my LPS polyp extension was must more pronounced than it usually is!

Those amino's must have done something!

Thanks again!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, just did my feeding, and i must say....my LPS polyp extension was must more pronounced than it usually is!

Those amino's must have done something!

Thanks again!
Awesome!!! Just keep a eye on your no3 as it will rise if you dose too much..

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only do this once per week, so it shouldn't be an issue. Definitely not looking to cause problems by over doing it!
Roids also raise po4 like crazy lol.. not sure if you knew that.. I struggle to get a reading so I feed a few times a week..
IMG_1512.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back