Chaeto always falling apart!!!

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my 3rd try with Chaeto. And no matter what I do, it ALWAYS falls apart with ANY flow or anytime I touch it. Why is this happening?!?!

It’s only in a bucket because I follow QT protocol. So it’s in a bucket for 16 days.

I put a scoop of reef Roids to bump the nutrients and I am feeding “ChaetoGro” from Brightwell aquatics at the daily dosage.

IMG_7809.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my 3rd try with Chaeto. And no matter what I do, it ALWAYS falls apart with ANY flow or anytime I touch it. Why is this happening?!?!

It’s only in a bucket because I follow QT protocol. So it’s in a bucket for 16 days.

I put a scoop of reef Roids to bump the nutrients and I am feeding “ChaetoGro” from Brightwell aquatics at the daily dosage.

IMG_7809.jpeg
What are the nitrate and phosphate levels? Any water movement?

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that there are not enough elements such as Fe, Mn, and maybe other trace elements. Cheato does not eat:cool: so trace elements should be supplied regularly to the water column

floridareeflabs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per QT correct, that is basically killing it. All that Chaeto needs when you receive it is to so RODI soak for 15 minutes, rinse and repeat a second time. Rinse and its ready for new system. If you got the chaeto from an untrustworthy vendor or the ocean then there may be concern and reason for QT but usually isolating with no flow and little light shocks the chaeto and then it starts to die.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back