free stuff?

Rouxdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for quite a while but after nearly 30 years I am dealing with my first true outbreak of aiptasia. I have seen one or two decades ago. My current setup is going on 6 years old and aiptasia and my green striped mushrooms are taking over. Tank has been a little neglected lately but corals are overgrown and being killed by shrooms so it is time to go to battle. I don't want to have to completely breakdown the tank but need to start chopping coral and culling some things.

My main question, is there anyone out there that would have interest in frags, mushrooms or whatever coming from a tank that is known to have aiptasia (vermetids also)? I have always viewed these as just normal pests when dealing with tanks and live rock. The thought of throwing away hundreds of mushrooms and buckets full of trimmed coral frags is unsettling but I guess that is what I will have to do because I figure no one would want any of it. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would think lots of folks would want it!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been in the hobby for quite a while but after nearly 30 years I am dealing with my first true outbreak of aiptasia. I have seen one or two decades ago. My current setup is going on 6 years old and aiptasia and my green striped mushrooms are taking over. Tank has been a little neglected lately but corals are overgrown and being killed by shrooms so it is time to go to battle. I don't want to have to completely breakdown the tank but need to start chopping coral and culling some things.

My main question, is there anyone out there that would have interest in frags, mushrooms or whatever coming from a tank that is known to have aiptasia (vermetids also)? I have always viewed these as just normal pests when dealing with tanks and live rock. The thought of throwing away hundreds of mushrooms and buckets full of trimmed coral frags is unsettling but I guess that is what I will have to do because I figure no one would want any of it. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks
I am setting up another tank and can cover overnite shipping if you are not too far - Location?

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If no one takes shoot me a message. Id send ya 50$ to have a bunch overnighted. I wouldn’t toss it

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donald Trump Want GIF by Jeff Dunham

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back