Free urchin!

carbondave

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
49
Reaction score
65
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of starting a new tank and just received a shipment of nano live rock from TBS. Most of it went into the sump. They also included in my order a free urchin, which is cool, except that I have literally nothing except water, sand, and rock in my tank at the moment, and I don't have my lights set up. I'm planning to build a canopy with some T5 lighting in it, but I wasn't planning on having that in place for a few weeks. So there's not going to be any ready sources of algae for a bit. Given that, can I just put in some nori every so often for the urchin? If so, how often should I plan on adding it? And how long can I leave the nori in the tank?
 
You can just attach the nori directly to the urchin.
 
You can just attach the nori directly to the urchin.
LOL never thought of that before! Makes sense cause they pick up everything they touch
 
I got the same freebie with my rock order. That urchin was an eating machine! I think it helped keep my tank from experiencing any algae issues, however I was running lights. I ended up donating it to my LFS as I wanted Coralline to take off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new