• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FREE: Wennerae Mantis Shrimp (Possibly 2)

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He was a hitchiker with my KP rock about a year and a half ago. Has actually been a decent tank inhabitant but I have a minor aptasia problem and he's making it difficult to keep my tank stocked with peppermint shrimp. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Has been fine with fish and there are some empty snail shells but unsure if that's him or snails that just didn't thrive over time. Either way, probably best for a species tank at this point. It's honestly one of my favorite hitchikers ever; I hand feed him with tongs all the time. At first he would smash the tongs but now he willingly comes out of his burrow to take food and doesn't beat up the tongs that feed him lol. it's a great conversation starter with the tank but now he needs a new home before my tank gets over run with aptasia.

I am posting this now so that when I finally trap him, I'll have a home lined up so I don't have to sump him. I know for a fact that I have 1 in the tank and roundabout where he hides, but there is a possibility I have a second as well, one that is more elusive. will trap for a few days and see what I get.

Located in Walnutport, PA. Not shipping, but first come first serve!

AdamC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I wish that you were on the other side of PA because I would take that offer in a second. I have the mantis shrimp obsession.

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update: I trapped him. Owning to how easy he was to catch (took less than 5 minutes lol) I sumped him for now. Hoping to find a home as I really don't want to set up a species tank at this time. But he's absolutely gorgeous, about 2 or 3 inches long, red with black spots.

Attachments

• 20231024_231556.jpg
    20231024_231556.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 92
  • 20231024_231717.jpg
    20231024_231717.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20231024_231720.jpg
    20231024_231720.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be at Reefco in Green Brook Township NJ on Sunday if anyone from NJ or NY wants him, I'd be happy to bring along and meet you there

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No it's kind of a sad story. I put him in my sump temporarily until the new owner came to get him and he got out of the refugium, tried to make a burrow In my skimmer inlet and got killed by the impeller. It was super heartbreaking because he was such a cool shrimp. I meant to take the post down but forgot

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There could be a second one. I thought I caught a glimpse of one but it was much smaller than this one and very elusive. This guy was fearless and easy to hand feed. Totally different. But if I find I do have a second I'll let you know for sure

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back