Freebie - any guesses?

Sticker shock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I found a decent reef store fairly close to me and made a trip out. I picked out a couple frags and after chatting a bit they decided to give me a free zoa frag.
blue polyp1.jpg

I'm not great at taking pictures under these lights, but is that enough to tell what type of zoas these are? The guys at the shop said they had no idea on the name. Any chance these change color under my lighting (4x 54W t-5 and 2 AI Prime LED), or is this pretty much how I should expect them to stay?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m not good with names, so we can bump to see if anyone knows. Maybe a description of the color at the store can help if it was different then your pick.

I had to say love the screen name. sticker shock and you scored a free frag.

OP
OP
Sticker shock

Sticker shock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's close to the puple dragon, but all those pics are so much more brightly colored on the skirt than what I have. Also the mouth on my frag has a sort of peach color.

Anyway, do zoas tend to change color in tanks (not asking about morphing just get brighter or even lose a bit of color)? Or are they fairly stable between tanks once they decide to open up?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back