Freshwater Aquarium Forums?

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if anyone here is a freshwater aquarium hobbyist too (I would imagine many are) but are there any freshwater forums around anymore that are relatively active? Back in the day I was a member of Aquarium Advice and in its heyday it was a very active little corner of the internet but nowadays it is nearly dead, as most online forums are at this point. Planted Tank.net also seems to have fallen pretty far from its golden age as well.

Reef2Reef is extremely active and seems to be one of the last aquarium forums left standing. I wondered if a freshwater analog is somewhere out there. I know many people will suggest Reddit, but I really appreciate an old school online forum compared to a sub reddit with tens of thousands of members and social media style comment threads. Let me know if you've got some suggestions.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey we’re thinking of kicking off a FW side!

OP
OP
Dallascowboys16

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey we’re thinking of kicking off a FW side!
You really should do it. Freshwater forums have been completely and utterly devastated over the last 5 years. Not a single one remains that is as active as Reef2Reef.

Call me crazy, but Reddit simply does not provide the same experience as an old school online forum.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love this idea to have a small FW section here.
The FW tanks became pretty nifty and knowledge can be shared between salties and freshies.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really should do it. Freshwater forums have been completely and utterly devastated over the last 5 years. Not a single one remains that is as active as Reef2Reef.

Call me crazy, but Reddit simply does not provide the same experience as an old school online forum.
I've always wondered why they don't do better. There are a lot more freshwater people out there. The freshwater shows around here draw 5 to 10 times the crowds of the frag swaps. I was shocked when I was standing in line at Aquashella and almost everyone around me was freshwater only people.

OP
OP
Dallascowboys16

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wondered why they don't do better. There are a lot more freshwater people out there. The freshwater shows around here draw 5 to 10 times the crowds of the frag swaps. I was shocked when I was standing in line at Aquashella and almost everyone around me was freshwater only people.
I honestly couldn't tell you. There was a point in time when freshwater forums were extremely lively, but it seems that they have completely been replaced by Reddit and/or youtube communities.

This place is really one of the last saltwater-oriented forums that is still going strong so I don't think the phenomena is limited to freshwater only.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back