Freshwater Dip Valentini Puffer: Safe or Avoid

Valentini Puffer: Safe to freshwater dip?


  • Total voters
    2

reefrubble

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
59
Reaction score
77
Location
Fort Collins
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fellow Reefers,

I prefer to give all of my fish that can safely tolerate it a freshwater dip during their 2 month quarantine prior to releasing them into my display tank. I never exceed 5 minute long freshwater dips and remove fish early if I witness any concerning behavior outside of what I normally observe during these dips. Because pufferfish do not have scales and differ from most marine fish in multiple other ways, I am hesitant to do a freshwater dip without hearing from people with experience doing so or who avoid freshwater dips for this type of fish.

I have made this post into a poll and would appreciate it if those who are familiar with the matter could provide their input. Please also provide any other helpful details too!

Thanks,

ReefRubble
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new