Friday Afternoon Quiz - Is there a Worse Product than the Red Sea DIY Net Cover?

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how many beers the Red Sea design team polished off the day they came up with the 'DIY Net Cover' but wow, just wow! I can imagine the stunned silence as someone had to put one together during the pitch to management - If ever there was a 'that'll do, quick to market' product! Spent a frustrating two hours doing half a Red Sea Peninsula 650. Will have to leave the other half until my enthusiasm builds! 'Google's better aquarium net cover!'.

OP
OP
psumms

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put Red Sea and Neptune in the same bucket! I can't wait for Ecotech to get a full aquarium controller ecosystem to market, a company that does things right! What don't you like about your Red Sea Skimmer, I have the 900, took a while to settle in, I think its doing a reasonable job, do find it quite noisy.

leedsrhinojohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took mine back, it was advertised as silent, nothing could be farther from the truth, overflowed from day one for weeks with no getting better despite trying everything red sea told me to do, my lfs is still fighting to get his money back from them and now will not sell or stock anything by red sea.
They are just a joke of a company is my experience overall of red sea.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea tank doesn't have a nice gate valve out of the box which is pretty janky if you ask me.

I do like their blue bucket salt though!

leedsrhinojohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think even red sea could mess up salt.
Hold on what am I saying?????
I had a tub of blue bucket a few years ago with alk of 3 dkh which I got replaced but only after a few threatening emails

Back