5 month fts
IMG_20180517_152645.jpg

Chris_30gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting are you using?
I’m using 2 t5 bulbs that in the past have worked quite well on LPS and Softies. My SPS at the top of the tank is always quite happy, polyp extension is great and coloration. Even the mushroom in the corner is showing great color and is out most of the time in full. I may be wrong but I think I have 1 actinic blue and another that is blue-er

Jacob Cerchiori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using 2 t5 bulbs that in the past have worked quite well on LPS and Softies. My SPS at the top of the tank is always quite happy, polyp extension is great and coloration. Even the mushroom in the corner is showing great color and is out most of the time in full. I may be wrong but I think I have 1 actinic blue and another that is blue-er
Yeah, that is so strange. Do you have significant flow in the tank?

Chris_30gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that is so strange. Do you have significant flow in the tank?
I have:
Return: 500gph
Flow #1: 258gph
Flow #2: 450gph

Return pumps into the center right of the tank, flow #1 is in the back pointing left and flow #2 is in the front pumping right. Just adjusted as it was a little too rough on my sps (not sure exactly what type, it’s branching) the polyps on the side with flow weren’t ecstatic but now they are in full bloom. I’m hoping the extra chips of coralline will help though!

Jacob Cerchiori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have:
Return: 500gph
Flow #1: 258gph
Flow #2: 450gph

Return pumps into the center right of the tank, flow #1 is in the back pointing left and flow #2 is in the front pumping right. Just adjusted as it was a little too rough on my sps (not sure exactly what type, it’s branching) the polyps on the side with flow weren’t ecstatic but now they are in full bloom. I’m hoping the extra chips of coralline will help though!
I know it tends to do well in high flow...you have that. So, man, I am guessing your tank is just young. A tank I cycled around 3 months ago was done with cultures from my other tank and has mature live rock in it...but not until recently did it start coraline growth to a significant extent.

I guess I never asked the age of your tank, it seems to me though, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

I know people use coraline as a measuring stick for tank maturity...so I would guess your tank isn't incredibly mature.

If it is, however...is everything else seeming healthy? It could be a calcium issue. Do you dose calcium?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back