Fridmani breeding

Avanosemre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? And what can ı use against to amonia?do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? And what can ı use against to amonia?do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage?

First welcome to R2R!!! I have not worked with Orchid Dottybacks (P. fridmani) so I can't speak directly to this species. @Berlibee - do you have any input on how you deal with ammonia in fry tanks, enrich rotifers, and your thoughts on probiotics for fry (specifically Reef Growth)?

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? yes I use air stones.
And what can ı use against to amonia? water changes and I use ClorAm-X by Reed Mariculture, Prime also works
do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) all I use is green water
and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage? I dont use any

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend this book by Martin Moe. He was the first hobbyist to aquaculture this species and the book has a lot of good information. Rotifers alone might not do the trick, he had to use plankton tows to get his larvae through metamorphosis.

OP
OP
A

Avanosemre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use phitoplankton (green water) tecnic .ı use broodstock tank water. And add enough rotifers. I try to start bottom syphon in 3. And 3. Days nothing changed againist to ammonia.this time ı have two days old larvals and ı try aquaforest bio s for ammonia.ı do not now if they need some stream or not.do ı need something as probiotics or antibiotics?ı try many times but ı can not rich to my goal

Attachments

• IMG_5145.MOV
    23.4 MB

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have better results using pelagic copepod nauplii (I use Parvocalanus crassirostris) or a combination of both instead of just rotifers. I answered all of your other questions in post above.

OP
OP
A

Avanosemre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear sabeypets , in Turkey ı not possible to find copepods for a while unfortunatelly.but ı could not see the other answers above☺️sorry.
You will have better results using pelagic copepod nauplii (I use Parvocalanus crassirostris) or a combination of both instead of just rotifers. I answered all of your other questions in post above.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may want to research how you can enrich the rotifers if copepods are not available.

OP
OP
A

Avanosemre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually ı have many questions how must illumination be? Should be a stream by airstones in the tank from the first day? Should ı use probiotics or antibiotics?do they need dark sides in the tank to hide? And what should ı do for ammonia?tried many many times...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back