Fridmani breeding

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Avanosemre

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? And what can ı use against to amonia?do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage?
 
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? And what can ı use against to amonia?do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage?

First welcome to R2R!!! I have not worked with Orchid Dottybacks (P. fridmani) so I can't speak directly to this species. @Berlibee - do you have any input on how you deal with ammonia in fry tanks, enrich rotifers, and your thoughts on probiotics for fry (specifically Reef Growth)?
 
I have pair of fridmani lays egg every ten days.but ı could not reach to my goal although ı try many times. İn the larval tank do they need a stream by using airstones? yes I use air stones.
And what can ı use against to amonia? water changes and I use ClorAm-X by Reed Mariculture, Prime also works
do ı have to enrich rotifers?(ı use green water) all I use is green water
and what about probiotic or antibiotic usage? I dont use any
 
I would recommend this book by Martin Moe. He was the first hobbyist to aquaculture this species and the book has a lot of good information. Rotifers alone might not do the trick, he had to use plankton tows to get his larvae through metamorphosis.
 
I use phitoplankton (green water) tecnic .ı use broodstock tank water. And add enough rotifers. I try to start bottom syphon in 3. And 3. Days nothing changed againist to ammonia.this time ı have two days old larvals and ı try aquaforest bio s for ammonia.ı do not now if they need some stream or not.do ı need something as probiotics or antibiotics?ı try many times but ı can not rich to my goal
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5145.MOV
    23.4 MB
You will have better results using pelagic copepod nauplii (I use Parvocalanus crassirostris) or a combination of both instead of just rotifers. I answered all of your other questions in post above.
 
Dear sabeypets , in Turkey ı not possible to find copepods for a while unfortunatelly.but ı could not see the other answers above☺️sorry.
You will have better results using pelagic copepod nauplii (I use Parvocalanus crassirostris) or a combination of both instead of just rotifers. I answered all of your other questions in post above.
.
 
You may want to research how you can enrich the rotifers if copepods are not available.
 
Actually ı have many questions how must illumination be? Should be a stream by airstones in the tank from the first day? Should ı use probiotics or antibiotics?do they need dark sides in the tank to hide? And what should ı do for ammonia?tried many many times...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new