Friendliest fish you have ever had?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
30,912
Reaction score
54,387
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of times, we talk about fish that have aggression issues. Maybe it is towards other fish, or maybe it is towards us. Instead of talking about aggressive fish, why don't we talk about our friendliest fish? So that is what I am asking today! What is the friendliest fish you have ever had?
 
Longnose butterfly. Dude is just happy to see me and bothers nothing. Second close would be my tilefish, Sushi, but I've seen him occasionally chase my (similarly looking) wrasse, so he's got some minus points there lol.
 
Starry blenny aka Gandolf
IMG_4611.jpeg
 
Surprising. My starry was a complete terror.
I may have been lucky over the years but they have been so calm and docile. Fun to watch.

BTW, I’ve read your Tilefish article not that long ago, great write up and super cool fish. I learned a lot from that and didn’t really know they existed before that. Super cool!
 
Last edited:
Surprising. My starry was a complete terror.
I may have been lucky over the years but they have been so calm and doscile over the years. Fun to watch.

BTW, I’ve read your Tilefish article not that long ago, great write up and super cool fish. I learned a lot from that and didn’t really know they existed before that. Super cool!
Thank you haha! I liked my starry a lot, but he bullied my DG to death and left a nice kiss on my tilefish once too, thus sealing his destiny to be rehomed. Wish I got one as calm as yours!
 
I have a Rhomboid right now that I believe I could scoop out of the water with my hand, the guy is like a puppy with scales.
 
Friendly as far as eating out if my hand and letting me pet it would have to go to a freshwater flowerhorn named Bobby. As nice as he was he didn't like water changes or rearranging his tank and would draw blood. I ended up having to put an egg crate divider in when I was working in the tank. Funny thing if I put feeder fish in he got scared and hid untill I removed them. He was a weird fish.
 
Last edited:
My first cleaner wrasse, it would clean my hand when in the tank and if I made a fist with an opening between my thumb and index finger he would swim in.
 
Porcupine puffer named Groot
20260707_171513_B23FD2C9-951B-4C6A-AD4B-91DABB1B38BF.png


20260707_171513_30C5D521-C3A4-457C-9E85-AA7E0433B374.png


20260707_171513_CA9CFD4E-B1F9-47D9-A50E-C84D1AEA5430.png

Follows you as soon as you enter the room and prefers cold almost frozen krill straight from your hand. 😂
 
Our porcupine puffer named Groot. He follows you as soon as you enter any room he can see and prefers cold, almost frozen, krill straight from your hand. 😂
20260707_171807_C16C689A-1228-4C5F-9DB5-34B52D8EF0A2.png


20260707_171807_9E1A8989-1CB3-42A3-AC20-2265977A82FC.png


20260707_171807_3E6839E4-EA3A-4C3A-8BA0-FDEBCB9FC781.png
 
In my family’s old reef tank we used to have a blue damsel that was extremely peaceful. It would just swim with the clownfish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new