Friends don't let friends accept super duper tiny frags

  • Thread starter Thread starter agent462
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Geez, thats like two match heads! Hey if a buyer knows how small the stock is he is getting its one thing, but if he didnt expect it it's not.

Anyway you look at it its still really pathetic and everyone here should know what hack sent you that so they can stay away.
 
Last edited:
And those that value the positive feedback will do the right thing.

That's it gar. iTrader is one of the best things about R2R. It's very easy to see who takes great care to cut and ship nice corals and frags. I've bought my fair share of small frags - most have made it and I have been pleased with them. But I did see WYSIWYG pics and would never buy without them. I know a lot are very weary of "pay before you cut". However, there are many reefers here that I have done this with and it has worked very well. But pics are sent every step of the way to make sure the buyer is happy. There is definitely a level of "blind faith" that you put into a seller (to do the right thing). I always recommend doing your homework. Those who have 15-20+ positive feedbacks on iTrader are typically fanatical about keeping their good reputation in tact (and will go the extra mile). I always try to go above and beyond in my dealings (whether buying or selling). It's the best way to make good contacts and friends in the business. That being said, I seldom give anyone a second chance to do the right thing...lol

Interesting thread though.
 
bump, as I'm reminded by a recent for sale thread that Friends don't let friends accept super duper tiny frags
 
bump, as I'm reminded by a recent for sale thread that Friends don't let friends accept super duper tiny frags

It's nice to be able to talk about a thread even though it's "old news" because sometimes there are situations where it becomes relevant.

I'm curious agent462, have frags been better sized lately for you or have YOU personally been given these itty bitty frags even after this particular experience that you posted about?

I have a couple pieces in my frag tank that are as small as the picture you provided..I fragged it myself and I don't want to just throw the piece away...I just lit it sit there and try to grow.... but I'd never sell it at that size.
 
Pics before the sale would make this thread unnecessary, IMO. Agent462 obviously got ripped on the frag size by whoever sold that to him. If Vendors would just be honest and say this is a tiny frag, and not send something smaller, there would be no issues.

Big difference, IMO, between buying something that is stated to be a certain size and receiving something 1/4 the size of what it should be vs. knowing up front it is small and taking a chance on it anyways.
 
Big difference, IMO, between buying something that is stated to be a certain size and receiving something 1/4 the size of what it should be vs. knowing up front it is small and taking a chance on it anyways.

I agree, except that not everyone is savvy to how different corals will do, depending on frag size. And since the general consensus is usually "buyer be informed", then I think threads like this ARE necessary, even with pre-approved transactions of tiny frags... JMO :)
 
I agree, except that not everyone is savvy to how different corals will do, depending on frag size. And since the general consensus is usually "buyer be informed", then I think threads like this ARE necessary, even with pre-approved transactions of tiny frags... JMO :)

I don't mean these type threads are bad. Just that truth in advertising goes a long way.

Can't disagree with you there. But a lot of this depends on the desirability of the frags. In the beginning with a nice chalice, for example, there is not a lot of it to go around, so to many, a small piece is better than no piece. It may not be practical for Vendors to know every detail about every buyer's experience level. IMO that would be asking a lot to have Vendors wait until a piece grows out so they could only sell large frags of a coral. For some pieces that would mean a huge, unattainable asking price for a larger frag vs a smaller, more attainable price for a smaller frag. Again JMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new