Frigus Reef’s R E E F J A R

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the jar from? I will be more than happy to buy you another one.:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the jar from? I will be more than happy to buy you another one.:)
You’re incredible! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that but I tried the superglue and I’m waiting for it to dry and then I’m gonna test it out and see if it works. I’d hate for this to work and you have already bought a brand new one!

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I ordered a heater that’ll be here Wednesday, as the 150W I have right now (That I LOVR by the way! It’s an Eheim Jager) won’t fit inside it :( so I got one that a member suggested for me to use. My question is, should I keep my jar Bare Bottom until I can go to my LFS and ask for a few cups of sand or do I need to add the sand before I add my corals?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the heater in, right now I'm circulating water with a bubbler and a heater to make sure it's running right. Then I'll move corals over hopefully within a week. I'm thinking of adding one of the tiny blennies from my forty gallon into the reef jar, it eats lots of hair algae and is a funny little dude so I think he'd fit well

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how big is blenny?not sure good idea :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do you have pics?

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have pics?
I can try and take some now, I’ll be back.

Edit: I think they’re asleep... I can get some tomorrow though! I think they might have been a seaweed blenny... that’s the closest thing they looked like that’s native to where I found them. They lived on the barnacles of some pilons in two to three feet deep water and they were right where the waves crashed into the rock. They change colors from Midnight Black, to a creme color with brown and black designs, then sometimes they’ll go Olive Green. They don’t change as much as they did when I first added them but they still change every now and then.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have pics?
AA5465F8-54BF-4D2B-A6EE-2463A0C2F398.jpeg
C4DC1730-A3EF-44F7-9CCA-34CA1A4721DB.jpeg
C5A58D2C-B060-4679-B9B0-4F6C0418EFFB.jpeg

They’re so small it’s hard to get good pictures

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<3 the Jarjar. Have you considered a tanktank?

Long term I do have concerns with using super glue. I use it as a finish on wooden jewelry, but it comes with the warning that long exposure to water can make it weaken and damage the seal. Silicone or epoxy might work better, but i don't know much about them.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<3 the Jarjar. Have you considered a tanktank?

Long term I do have concerns with using super glue. I use it as a finish on wooden jewelry, but it comes with the warning that long exposure to water can make it weaken and damage the seal. Silicone or epoxy might work better, but i don't know much about them.
Yeah, the jarjar split in halfhalf while sitting on my desk. I caught it on time thank God if I didn't realize it, it probably would have full on busted and went everywhere. But I had a towel under it so the water that did leak was caught. I think I might go with a five gallon aquarium.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea to get something a bit larger like the 5g if you want fish in there. The jar formula doesn't really work well with fish, and while reef jars are simple, the success is quite dependent on following the formula of fishless.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back