Fritz Salt Issues?

https://www.triton.de/en/

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
I am mad at Fritz and wish I didnt have to use the salt

I use the salt due to too lazy to make my own it must be lfs premixed and they're going with cheapest bulk possible. wish it was instant ocean

over the course of two years on weekly water changes Fritz's lame measurements have zapped the weight of my coral skeletons markedly. any other salt never did this on weekly water changes for a decade +

only fritz in the last two years time, made skeletons lighter, brittle, easy breaks on a super old blasto merletti. pH issues I bet. so i now have to step up water changes more frequently to compensate for usage in my tank and get back mass

reef crystals would never cause this. it would scum up my change bucket like garden mud, but produce fat heavy corals. Fritz is the worst salt Ive ever kept using for the forseeable future.

Avast

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back this thread but I'm curious on everyone's update. This hobby can be very hard to pin point problems. I also use Fritz. I read through all the pages. Not sure if user error, one or two bad batches, other issues or the salt itself.
2 years of nothing but fritz blue box...
20200814_202111.jpg

20200820_160850.jpg
20200820_160744.jpg

Top downs
20200709_200927.jpg
20200709_201000.jpg

Im sold.

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm still using Fritz Blue, and have been for 3+ years. Never had the slightest issue with it. I test the first batch from every new box, and the major parameters are always right on. pH in my tank is rock solid at 8.3 (but I do dose ESV 2-part). Everything in my mixed reef is happy, healthy, and growing.

Corals.com

Brent Harpe

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have a question for everyone still using fritz. Does anyone store it and do daily water changes with it? I use to do weekly water changes. Then switched to daily so the water sits in a container for a week. I never noticed brown sediment before but since doing my daily water changes. Been doing them about 2 months. But my question is I’m noticing my storage container is having brown sediment building up on the container. Is this normal or am I getting bad batches? I mix the exact same and parameters seem fine but it’s seeming dirtier than it use to be? I have to clean it weekly which is how long it takes me to use each batch of water for water changes.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have a question for everyone still using fritz. Does anyone store it and do daily water changes with it? I use to do weekly water changes. Then switched to daily so the water sits in a container for a week. I never noticed brown sediment before but since doing my daily water changes. Been doing them about 2 months. But my question is I’m noticing my storage container is having brown sediment building up on the container. Is this normal or am I getting bad batches? I mix the exact same and parameters seem fine but it’s seeming dirtier than it use to be? I have to clean it weekly which is how long it takes me to use each batch of water for water changes.
I use Fritz and keep mixed salt water in one of my mixing barrels for weeks at a time. I've never had brown or any color sediment. The only thing I do notice is a slight decrease in alk if left for a week or more. I don't run AWC so I cannot comment on that end.

https://www.triton.de/en/

Do you think buying and selling coral is similar to playing the stock market?

• YES

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • NO

Votes: 180 52.8%
  • Kinda

Votes: 88 25.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 0.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors