Fritz to Reef Crystals?

Humatrigger32

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
37
Location
OHIO
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like fritz...mixes clean and fast but I feel my alk can't stay up even with dosing. Has anyone switched from Fritz to IO Reef Crystals and been happy? Or the other way around?
 
I've used both and like Fritz also but haven't used I/O Reef Crystals in a while so can't speak to how it compares to Fritz. As far as maintaining alkalinity, between what's generated by dissolution in a system, what's added with wtaer changes and what's used by various organisms, monitoring alkalinity and calcium and supplementing with whatever method you determine works best is the most reliable way to keep it in an acceptable range.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new