FROGFISH QUESTION

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone. do any frogfish people know if my juvenile wartskin (about 1-2”) will try to eat small snails? i have some small nassaurius snails the size of chocolate chips in his soon to be tank and i don’t want him trying to eat any and end up choking on the shell or something. I saw he was trying to lure a hermit crab earlier in his qt breeder box lol.. any thoughts?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they don't eat snails and usually not hard bodied inverts. I've seen people post that they have eaten crabs, but I've never seen it. He likely saw the activity of the hermit and out of instinct started fishing. I've kept a few anglers with snails and hermits and never saw anything to be concerned. I don't like keeping things like emeralds and similar just in case one decides to cause an injury.

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they don't eat snails and usually not hard bodied inverts. I've seen people post that they have eaten crabs, but I've never seen it. He likely saw the activity of the hermit and out of instinct started fishing. I've kept a few anglers with snails and hermits and never saw anything to be concerned. I don't like keeping things like emeralds and similar just in case one decides to cause an injury.
ahh ok thanks! what would happen if he does end up swallowing a shell like that by any chance? also what are your thoughts on trying to convert them to frozen food?

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back