Frogfish safe CUC

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add to my CUC in the frogfish tank. Currently have a couple Astria snails and a margarita along with a couple small hermits and a large Fire Shrimp (He'll be getting moved to the 60 once the frog grows a bit more, currently 3x his size). Looking to add more but want to be sure whatever goes in will be safe from him and safe for him. Don't want him getting pinched or attacked by anything.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that moves, and is roughly his size, has the potential to be food.. super cool fish, but definitely one best housed by himself

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never seen them interested in any hard bodied inverts, these would not be in his diet in the wild. I would be more concerned with an emerald picking on him vs him eating the crab. Snails and urchins are good choices, shrimp are obviously food. Im not a big crab person so I never kept any with any of mine. Some of the more uncommon would likely be ok as well, say like a conch, they really need to move and attract attention which is greater than these inverts provide.

They will eat something equal to their own size, so that shrimp will not be safe for long. Although I had a peppermint shrimp that lived with my warty, they are very elusive. I would feed them once a month and one got away, I think the warty got lazy, and just didnt try anymore. I guess I spoiled him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king that was my primary concern as well regarding an emerald but wanted to check with more knowledgeable people first.

The shrimp will be making his move within the next month or so.

Looks like a couple more hermits, some snails and an urchin are on the list.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back