Moving with a frogfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zella616
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zella616

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
14
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a warty frogfish that's over a year old now. He eats minnows primarily, but gets ghost shrimp when he's on a hunger strike. The little dude is awesome and I really don't want to give him up when I move states. I'd be driving from Texas to West Virginia. I know I've read about others moving with fish, but how do we think a frogfish will do?

I'm also curious on logistics. I know ammonia is the big deal, but if he doesn't eat on the trip, and potentially only poops once or twice, do I need to worry about the buildup? While I would take the rock with, as well as try to save some filter floss, the sand won't be going. I'll also be attempting to quickly cycle a tank on the other side, right? I'm also aware that they cannot leave the water and need to be bagged inside, essentially.

I do plan on talking to the LFS guy I bought Mr Froggy from, but at this point I'm fairly sure I have more specific knowledge about these guys then he does...
 
Could you do a Rubbermaid tote with water, a rock or two, and a battery powered air stone? Then bag him in his tank, and release the bag underwater in the tote?

Then do the same thing when you arrive and have his tank set up?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new