Moving stock to a new tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
147
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm receiving my new tank this weekend. I'm upgrading from a 55l to a 250l.
It's getting it all setup tomorrow, water, sand and more dry rock.

Would I be able to move over my stock on Sunday, once the sand has settled and the water has warmed up?
Because of the size increase will I need to do a cycle?
I am moving my current dry/live rock over.

Also a quick question about equiptment. I was looking to buy a Inkbird ITC-308S.
Will that be o.k on a tank this size?
 
It will probably go through some initial ugly phases on the new dry rock and sand. It would be beneficial to move all the current sand and rock you can into it.

do you have a chiller you are using on the inkbird? If not, i would probably use 2 heating only controllers and split the heaters up between them. Also verify the probe doesnt need to be coated in silicone.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new