Frogspawn dying?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had this frogspawn for almost 3 months. Noticed after adding a hammer lately. It started to get smaller everyday. I also noticed the flesh band getting invisible receding. It doesnt have as much flesh band as before. I havent done anything to my tank. Tank is 6 months old. No swings very stable . Attached my parameters.

IMG_0171.jpeg IMG_0253.png

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked par ans they around 120-150. In the area its in. Could be flow. To be frankly hoenst when i koved it today. I noticed it was a tiny bit better ill keep my eye on it
Excess flow can cause them to retract. These like medium flow, and they can do just fine in low flow also.

For recovery of the band, correct conditions. Even if flesh band is receded then coral should be able to fully open. Feed easy to digest food like flake or pellet, or powder like benereef, coral frenzy, etc and that should help it heal up the band in a few weeks

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excess flow can cause them to retract. These like medium flow, and they can do just fine in low flow also.

For recovery of the band, correct conditions. Even if flesh band is receded then coral should be able to fully open. Feed easy to digest food like flake or pellet, or powder like benereef, coral frenzy, etc and that should help it heal up the band in a few weeks
The weird part nothing changed to my tank, and iv had it for 3-4 months it i recall correctly. I moved it to a different spot. And thats bow it looks now what do you think?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back