Frogspawn hurt - ideas?

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something mugged my frogspawn. Yesterday it looked fine. Got up today and from a distance noticed this white stringy stuff coming off of it, looked like wisps of smoke or like a cotton ball that snagged on something. Tentacles very retracted.
Almost blistered/white looking now. Some of the tentacles are coming back out. Looks like someone took a light saber to it. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened.

I was thinking that I would dip it in Coral RX when I get home. Good idea?

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can and do close up tight at night. Not always but I have a colony about half the heads close farther than the others. How long have you had it? They can be touchy and often show signs of water chemistry change.

OP
OP
twistedfinn967

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it for a month and a half. All of the other corals - zoa's, hammer and torch's are fine. Fish and cuc are doing great too.

OP
OP
twistedfinn967

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home this morning and was shocked, it almost looks normal again! Aside from still being quite retracted, it looks pretty good. I had some other corals that I was dipping in Coral RX today so I decided it couldn't hurt to do froggy as well. We''l see how it progresses from here...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back