Frogspawn losing tissue

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAAGGGHHH!!!! the beautiful frogspawn we got for my birthday is showing a little brown jelly on one of the heads. the tissue has receded up the skeleton all the way to the polyp! this is on one of the stalks with two adjoining heads! the other two heads are extending good but also show some tissue recession! :cry:

salinity is 1.025 (a little low), Zero testable nitrates, phosphates, PH 8.16, 8KH, temp is 80.8-79.6 per the controller. not testing any current on the multimeter.

it is not blasted by current but a nice random flow. it is a Wild caught colony so I can understand if it is not extending all the polyps.

Any ideas????? aaggghh!!! this was an expensive piece that was doing extremely well the whole time. not seeing anyone pick on it either... I did take it out and dip it in some oral rx pro...gently blew off all the brown tissue...

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your problem although it's pretty common among wild caught specimens. That's the main reason I only buy aqua cultured coral.

SRT80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? What color frog spawn was it? I have some green with purple tip...

Steve

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, I have one head left and it is doing really well fortunately. it is a green arm with both green and purple tips. very pretty piece. it seems to be happiest on teh bottom. ill bet I BURNED it up.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back