From high tech planted to rookie reefer

Cornelia_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
42
Location
queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! After years in the freshwater hobby I saw a video of gold torch corals and I decided to take the plunge as a birthday present to myself. I bought a used RedSea Max Nano G2 XL which is now in a fishless cycle in my tiny Quedns, NY basement. I thought the redsea problems were limited to the reefer models, but have since heard otherwise, so I’m off to a questionable start. But hopefully it holds up.

I’ll post a build thread shortly!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello! After years in the freshwater hobby I saw a video of gold torch corals and I decided to take the plunge as a birthday present to myself. I bought a used RedSea Max Nano G2 XL which is now in a fishless cycle in my tiny Quedns, NY basement. I thought the redsea problems were limited to the reefer models, but have since heard otherwise, so I’m off to a questionable start. But hopefully it holds up.

I’ll post a build thread shortly!
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new