Hello from Michigan, new to reefing

TheSun126

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2025
Messages
20
Reaction score
42
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, my name is Matt. I'm new to reefing, but I've had a freshwater tank for a while now. After upgrading my freshwater setup from a 10 gallon to my old 29 gallon tank (Previously used for my gecko) I found myself looking for something to put into the 10 gallon. I'd wanted to get into reefing for years and decided to take the cost now that I have the means to do so. Bought live rock and sand from my LFS and got a light and a powerhead off of amazon (Not the best stuff, but I'm planning to upgrade my setup further down the line). Set up an RODI system in my basement that seems to work well so far. I started the cycle on my 10 gallon on Monday May 12th and am looking forward to the process. Pictures of the tank right now attached. Excited to see where it goes from here.
IMG_0121.JPG
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Whats Up Hello GIF
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Don't forget to start a build thread so we can follow your tank progress!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new