From old setup to new help….

danieltouchette1964

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Location
ottawa ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advise please…..
I currently have a 33 gallon reef tank about 10 years old. it’s done soft coral a few invert and so on…. This thank got an infestation of a species that I posted in a previous thread… now my question is I have a 50 gallon tank that is set up all new from the seabed to the caribesea life rocks “ no live rock” I pumped out about 30% of the old water from the original tank to the new one.
The rest is reverse osmosis water equal reading from tank one.
I do not want to put any old rocks from old tank to the new setup
My question is how do I reintroduced bacteria to new tank so when I bring fishes, soft corals, hermit crabs, snails I don’t loose anything. How long should I wait to make the transfer.
Thank you in advance
 
Last edited:
Use plenty of live rock from the ocean for the bacterial diversity
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new