From radium to xm10k

  • Thread starter Thread starter biecacka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes I have used xm10k bulbs to see the growth difference between the radiums I was using. I cut the initial run time in half for a month but I still experienced some bleaching but mostly on LPS. I personally did not like the look even with T5 supplement but that's my opinion. Didn't see enough of an improvement or growth to keep bulbs I didn't enjoy the look of.
 
Thread cleaned up. Play nice, peoples. :)

Corey, I would just run an acclimation period on the lights. Cut by a few hours and ramp it up a little bit each day until you're back to normal.
 
Thread cleaned up. Play nice, peoples. :)

Corey, I would just run an acclimation period on the lights. Cut by a few hours and ramp it up a little bit each day until you're back to normal.

And might I add , it's even better if you rent out a PAR meter and match the PAR in different section of the reef tank . Will be a seamless transition !!
Excited to see how it goes

Regards,
Abhishek
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new