OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an update on the tank, but a project I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I got some new hanna checkers so decided it was time.

48A28DCC-C419-4480-BDB6-5AC7836120E8.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new additions to the tank via aquashella. I spent most of the money at Hanna’s booth, and on plants. Also the daughter got a new beta and a new frog, and the wife got a new beta as well.

7AEAD88F-11F2-43F1-9AC2-9199FFA50C0B.jpeg
Score! Nice grabs

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something else I picked up while I was out of town I can't post a picture of. I finally pulled the trigger on a mandarin. LFS in a neighboring town on the way back had one that was not eating frozen and they don't have a great pod population. So he had started loosing weight and I ended up getting him/her for $12. I only see it every few days, has it's posted up on the back side of some rocks. I happy to report though, has of last night he has put weight back on and is looking healthy. I was only out for a bit last night but he has for sure put weight back on. Hopefully soon he will be hanging out in the front of the tank more often.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something else I picked up while I was out of town I can't post a picture of. I finally pulled the trigger on a mandarin. LFS in a neighboring town on the way back had one that was not eating frozen and they don't have a great pod population. So he had started loosing weight and I ended up getting him/her for $12. I only see it every few days, has it's posted up on the back side of some rocks. I happy to report though, has of last night he has put weight back on and is looking healthy. I was only out for a bit last night but he has for sure put weight back on. Hopefully soon he will be hanging out in the front of the tank more often.

It's cool they sold it to you for only $12. What's even cooler is that it sounds like you saved him with the copious pod population in your system! Great story with what sounds like it will be a happy ending. And, I mean, who doesn't like happy endings!

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's cool they sold it to you for only $12. What's even cooler is that it sounds like you saved him with the copious pod population in your system! Great story with what sounds like it will be a happy ending. And, I mean, who doesn't like happy endings!
Yeah I was pretty excited, and I think they were excited seeing him go to a tank with plenty of pods. They said they usually get captive bred but for some reason this time their supplier sent wild caught.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was pretty excited, and I think they were excited seeing him go to a tank with plenty of pods. They said they usually get captive bred but for some reason this time their supplier sent wild caught.

Get that beauty out front and let's see some pics !

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how many run GCFI? I am going to have two 4 plug outlets installed on their own breaker in a couple of weeks. I'll probably go GCFI, but want to know everyone's thoughts. I know the safety factor and I know there are some risk running them in terms of the entire tank shutting down. Just want to know what everybody thinks about it, thanks.
As an Electronics Tech, I know the value of having ground protection on circuits. I installed a GFCI outlet with an alarm on it for my tank, (E-260). So I would recommend it.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my skimmer before picture [emoji23]

I have an x series so same bubble plate. Soaking in some vinegar for several hours does wonders. Also a set of something like this to get inside of it to underneath the plate. Since the hole is really really tiny.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my skimmer before picture [emoji23]

I have an x series so same bubble plate. Soaking in some vinegar for several hours does wonders. Also a set of something like this to get inside of it to underneath the plate. Since the hole is really really tiny.
I soaked this one for a while. I love the skimmer but that little plate is a pain. I got most of it but not all of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back