From your knowledge and experience what fish would be compatible with what we have.

Birddog61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal angels are delicate fish for sure, especially when first introduce to captivity. If you want to keep regal angels, they need to be by themselves with dither fish to help them eat. Once they are eating well and gain weight, then they should be introduce to DT. It is best for them to go in the tank first before a lot of the more aggressive tangs and angels. I would not get medium to large Regal angel. Small ones are best to get use to captivity. They eat absolutely everything once acclimated, with flakes and pellets being their favorite food.
My point , the op has sponge

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point , the op has sponge
I would not count on having pineapple sponge as a way to get larger Regal angel to acclimated to activity. I got a lot of pineapple sponges too in the cryptic area of the tank, behind the rock. My regal angels does not ever seem to touch it. Must be tasting pretty bad.

Last edited:

Birddog61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not count on having pineapple sponge as a way to get larger Regal angel to acclimated to activity. I got a lot of pineapple sponges too in the cryptic area of the tank, behind the rock. My regal angels does nto ever seem to touch it. Must be tasting pretty bad.
Mine cleaned it up in a week. However he was 7 ,8 inchs at time of purchase and as you stated difficult to get eating fish foods

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that doesn't mean that at all. Sex doesn't matter much, it's just that all females are likely to end up male.

Well, all wrasses are protogynous hermaphrodites. They do all have the potential to transition to male as they mature. Whether they do or not, depends on their genus but mainly, the hierarchy of those in your tank.

That's not necessarily correct.

Paracheilinus are a safe and easy bet.

Correct; avoid those.

Not the best genus to start with, but not a hard one once you have experience.

That's also not true, and the whole point of the chart mentioned earlier. ;)

Hahaha...okay good....so if the second part of the name is different they’re probably be okay together, just not for example 2 Ruby head fairies.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if the second part of the name is different they’re probably be okay together,
Uh, not necessarily. Back to that chart again:
just not for example 2 Ruby head fairies
But true, in that regard. Mixing two of the same species is best to avoid.

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Uh, not necessarily. Back to that chart again:

But true, in that regard. Mixing two of the same species is best to avoid.

Okay....I was looking at some in the yellow and green groupings so those should be okay I’m guessing since they’re low on aggression and not I’m the same group as the Ruby.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O

Okay....I was looking at some in the yellow and green groupings so those should be okay I’m guessing since they’re low on aggression and not I’m the same group as the Ruby.
Exactly! :D

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Coral Beauty Angel and a Flame Angel get along you think or would I need to chose one or the other and purchase 2-3 of them?
I have no experience with angels; sorry.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back