front to back coverage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matt groves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the front to back coverage on a photon v2+-

im trying to light a 48x36 30 inch tall tank and have thought about the photon 48 with 4 t5's 2 on each side probably all blue plus or maybe a mix - any other ideas?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, that would certainly work.

I did 2 t5 bulbs with my Photon V2. I did white in front and blue in the back and I didn't like that I couldn't really control them other than off and on. So I got an inexpensive led fixture that looks a lot like the Photon as far as looks go. I had to make legs, but that wasn't hard. The fixture is all white and blue 3 watt leds and 2 dimmers. I placed it behind the Photon and just run the blue leds. I like the look as the tank looks a bit deeper from front to back with it being a bit more blue in the back.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the front to back coverage on a photon v2+-

im trying to light a 48x36 30 inch tall tank and have thought about the photon 48 with 4 t5's 2 on each side probably all blue plus or maybe a mix - any other ideas?

Hey Matt,

Our Photon 48-V2+ with the accompanying Aquaticlife Hybrid kit will cover your tank well. We have 24" wide kits available that will give you a light nearly 2 feet front to back with the bulbs attached.

OP
OP
M

Matt groves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about having 1 t5 on each side of the photon powdered by a ballast so I could turn one on each side on then the other 2 - have a bit more control while still keeping coverage- I think atleast idk how much the photon does in front to back coverage though

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about having 1 t5 on each side of the photon powdered by a ballast so I could turn one on each side on then the other 2 - have a bit more control while still keeping coverage- I think atleast idk how much the photon does in front to back coverage though

Our Photon V2+ covers 24" front to back, 30" for low light areas but that's a bit wide. We also offer supplemental LED bars with similar spectral output to T5s- the LumenBars. That would be like adding 1 x T5 bulb to each side, and they have their own individual power supplies. I would recommend more than just one T5 on either side for a 36" wide tank though. You can DIY the aquaticlife to be one side vs the other with the power cords, their current configuration is one bulb on each side per plug.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 29.6%
Back