OP
OP
Tinawolf760

Tinawolf760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site that you should probably make your home page now that you dove in!
What are you looking for in a Nem? Carpet, plain, exotic color?
Time is your best investment for our reefs. Take you time and it will be there for years, I would heed the already given advice, and wait a while before adding one.
I agree that the clowns in a nem is amazing to watch/behold, but, a sick and dead nem is horrid, ask how I found out. Unfortunately I was a young reefer 20 years ago when I tried a “common” one.
Now I would wait at least 6 months before introducing one in a well stocked (bacteria and fish) and fed tank.
But, my friend introduced one after 2 months and it is extremely healthy after almost a year, but as always in reefs, ymmv.
Great! Thanks for the advice. I will TRY to be patient for now :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tinawolf760

Tinawolf760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If the anemone is on the backburner for a little bit, what is your next fish going to be?
Thank you! I have no idea right now, maybe a fire fish? Any suggestions? I guess I want to try to get the more timid fish in the tank first..

Upvote 0

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I have no idea right now, maybe a fire fish? Any suggestions? I guess I want to try to get the more timid fish in the tank first..
Blennies tend to add a lot of personality to a tank. I've also heard good things about fire fish, but have no personal experience with them.

Upvote 0

Snow Devils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

This is a great community as others have already stated. You will find a wealth of information on these forums. I'm still in the learning process myself and try to find the answers here first with pretty good success.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back