Frost Bite Clowns - Sea Anemone

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Anemones like mature tanks so I would give it some time before you add one. Once your tank is stable and ready for one, a bubble tip would be a good choice.

Upvote 2

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome58.jpg

Upvote 1

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I agree with @SaltyT that it is a good idea to wait for the tank to mature before adding an anemone - I have several pairs of clowns in various tanks and none of them currently have anemones.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tinawolf760

Tinawolf760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I agree with @SaltyT that it is a good idea to wait for the tank to mature before adding an anemone - I have several pairs of clowns in various tanks and none of them currently have anemones.
Great, thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site that you should probably make your home page now that you dove in!
What are you looking for in a Nem? Carpet, plain, exotic color?
Time is your best investment for our reefs. Take you time and it will be there for years, I would heed the already given advice, and wait a while before adding one.
I agree that the clowns in a nem is amazing to watch/behold, but, a sick and dead nem is horrid, ask how I found out. Unfortunately I was a young reefer 20 years ago when I tried a “common” one.
Now I would wait at least 6 months before introducing one in a well stocked (bacteria and fish) and fed tank.
But, my friend introduced one after 2 months and it is extremely healthy after almost a year, but as always in reefs, ymmv.

Upvote 0

Cannons Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for replying. I was just reading up on bubble tips! When you say, "they like mature tanks" how long does it usually take for a tank to "mature" (6 months? A year?)? Thanks again!
I would say somewhere between the 6 months to a year. My tank was about a year and a half when I added my BTA.

Upvote 0

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I’ve always loved the symbiotic relationship between clowns and anemones- definitely recommend a bubble tip. You can find some beautiful ones for sale! I agree with previous posts about waiting at least 6 months. Definitely don’t want a melted anemone! Some advice that many have told me “no good things happen quickly.” Take your time, make slow adjustments, and enjoy the hobby! :)

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back