• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

frozen feeder for euro braced tank

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here print a frozen feeder that'll clip onto a euro braced tank? The glass is 1/2" thick.

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it basically has a tube with a strainer on the bottom. then maybe a few slits up top so that water can enter the top of the tube and the frozen food can drop down for the fish to eat

that one is pretty good except i've heard that the magnet splits open on the wet side.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AH I see. Hmm so the thing with the magnetic one is you could adjust the depth. So that poses more challenge for one attached to a bracket hooked to the euro brace. Let me see what I can come up with. Rough measure from the waterline to the top of the euro brace?

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! let me know how it turns out

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Design came out well I think. Need to tweak design a little so prints better. Insides of the cups are a little rough. Held on with two nylon screws. Fully adjustable as far as height in water as well as opening at the bottom based on how the two cups are oriented to each other. Slot on the top cup orients toward water flow so water enter top cup. Deeper into the waterline the more water will go into the cup and exit out the bottom.

Would probably work with some pellets too as well as frozen foods.

FrozFeederDisAss.jpg
FrozFeederWhole.jpg
FrozFeederDepth.jpg
FrozFeederWOpen.jpg
FrozFeeder1_3rdOpen.jpg

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that looks really good. There's 2 changes i would probably make. For the water entry hole, maybe make a series of slits like the overflow box. on food exit i would probably add a few additional exit slits/holes. I've got a feeling with just 1 slot food will be jammed/stuck in there. Also how does the vertical rod/shaft stay in place?

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to start selling this let me know. i'd def be interested in one

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will add a second hole on the opposite side of the exit. They are pretty large when aligned for fully open. It's 1.5cm x .7cm. I can add a second hole on the top piece next to the other one to allow more water in. The cups and the vertical adjustment rod are all held by friction. It's a snug fit on the trapezoid rod.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to start selling this let me know. i'd def be interested in one
Will make the adjustments on the holes and see if I can get a little better print. The inside of the cup holder has some indents and the cups have rings on the outside that align with them to hold them better in the ring.

I could shorten the vertical rod too but wanted to make sure it was long enough to drop the holes in the top cup below the water line if the user wanted them fully submerged for maximum water entry.

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like that ability to adjust up and down, but with were its setup in the pictures above, that would be perfect for my tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The new icecap is perfect

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated for two holes in the bottom and 2 in the top piece to allow water flow in. Prints are set. Price is $22 + $3 first class shipping. $25 total. PM for Paypal info. If anyone else is interested LMK. Thinking about making a version for rimless or vertical wall rimmed stock tank. Photos show the exit holes fully open and roughly half open. There a lots of possible orientations as the top piece can be rotated so water flow is toward the side holes and the bottom piece rotated to the desired opening from nearly closed to fully open. Will easily hold 2 or 3 frozen cubes as well as sinking pellets you don't want going straight into the overflow.
FrozFeederWhole2Hole.jpg
FrozFeederDisAs2Hole.jpg
FrozFeederWOpen2Hole.jpg
FrozFeederHalfOpen2Hole.jpg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bumped up the dimensions of the holder to 1 3/4" wide with the top section 1 5/8 tall. It will easily hold 4 cubes of frozen food and allow space for water circulation so they will exit the bottom as they defrost. It works best if the cubes are floating slightly so they are not sitting over the exit holes and the side holes are oriented so water flow is going towards them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back