How do you run wires from inside a euro braced tank.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set my first euro braced tank and am wondering how folks are running wires from power heads and such in the tank while trying to keep it neat. I have some cut outs on the back for light mounts that I will not be using so I can exit the tank there but have no idea how to get the wires to that point without them just hanging inside the tank.
PXL_20240223_172324340~2.jpg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you can use the suction cup wire attachment to line the wires neatly on the inside. some pumps come with it, however i'm sure you can buy some on amazon. quality might be the only thing to worry about as overtime the coraline algae or algae biofilm on the glass will make the suction cups lose grip. the one that came with my jebao gyre pump has worked perfectly and i haven't had to remount/attach it since i stuck it on the glass.

edit:

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to some length to avoid any wires. Wanted gyre cloud powerheads, but instead going with vortech mp40s and placing the ato waterlevel sensors in the sump.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to some length to avoid any wires. Wanted gyre cloud powerheads, but instead going with vortech mp40s and placing the ato waterlevel sensors in the sump.
Same but I'm curious as I'll have wired power heads inside until the current tank is removed then my 4 mp40s will come over.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same but I'm curious as I'll have wired power heads inside until the current tank is removed then my 4 mp40s will come over.
I went with MP40 to avoid wires. you could also use a few magnetic frag holders and use those to hold the wires up near the Euro brace on the underside.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your question is simply for the interim. If your goal is to outfit the tank with vortechs, why concern yourself?

If for some reason you change your mind and want to use a power head with chords, why not drill some holes in the eurobrace glass now to accommodate that need?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to get nem guards and extra wet sides
I think ypu meant to say, Be sure to get the directional nozzle attachment to make the vortech a no brainer choice... hehe

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ypu meant to say, Be sure to get the directional nozzle attachment to make the vortech a no brainer choice... hehe

I like the Limpet ones best, but use both with Reef Crest mode on full time.
IMG_3517.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those are wicked cool!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Limpet ones best, but use both with Reef Crest mode on full time.
IMG_3517.jpeg
I was just joking. Hehe
They do sell a nem guard version as well engineered to maintain the original shape and maintain the same surface area.

I personally prefer directional flow with the added bonus of protecting livestock... hehe

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are wicked cool!
I just had to have those on all my vortechs, as corals grow, it's awesome to be able to change the flow.

I don't know how long I've had my set (probably over a year now) but I won't take them off... hehe

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those are sweet!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just joking. Hehe
They do sell a nem guard version as well engineered to maintain the original shape and maintain the same surface area.

I personally prefer directional flow with the added bonus of protecting livestock... hehe
Nice but those are pretty tall!

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as nem gaurds, I probably won't bother. I'm not even sure I'll be bringing the nems over and I've had nems and the mp40s for years with no issues. I think having plenty of rock and being larger tanks helps. But nems will be nems so one never knows. Those flow directors looks pretty cool tho. Might have to look into those.

Sounds like your question is simply for the interim. If your goal is to outfit the tank with vortechs, why concern yourself?

If for some reason you change your mind and want to use a power head with chords, why not drill some holes in the eurobrace glass now to accommodate that need?
I figure at some point I may need to add something inside so just preparing. I'd be hesitant to drill. It would probably just open the door for a warranty denial if something happens down the road.
That a nice one-piece eurotop - who built the tank?
It's a waterbox 330.7

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second the Movable Nozzles. I've got a cube with an MP40 on the back. I didn't want to put it on the side of the tank, but on the back there was no way to not be blasting something.

I added a Movable Nozzle Cage which allowed me to aim the flow up and towards the glass so that nothing was getting blasted.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back