Frozen food auto doser ?

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , so I haven't looked into new feeding gear recently. But is there any device or if someone knows of a homemade device to automatically feed frozen cubes to the display? I'm going on vacation and my most recent tank I only feed cubes. The pollution is significantly easier to control and I can feed way more than when I used pellets. Except now I'm faced with bothering neighbors to feed while I'm away. Thanks

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , so I haven't looked into new feeding gear recently. But is there any device or if someone knows of a homemade device to automatically feed frozen cubes to the display? I'm going on vacation and my most recent tank I only feed cubes. The pollution is significantly easier to control and I can feed way more than when I used pellets. Except now I'm faced with bothering neighbors to feed while I'm away. Thanks
Not one that is released yet for consumers like you and me! I have seen a few on Kickstarter but whether they have been successful yet, I don't know..

When I go away on vacation, I feed liquid mysis and artemis using dosing pumps. I keep the bottles in a drilled mini fridge close to the tank.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF4 fish feeder on Kickstarter..

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is "liquid mysis" thawd mysis in a bottle in the fridge or a different product. Because if thawd cubes keep for a week just cold in a fridge. That drilled mini fridge and doser is quite a simple solution

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InD creations is working on such a product, if I remember correctly its set to release in December

Here's a link

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is "liquid mysis" thawd mysis in a bottle in the fridge or a different product. Because if thawd cubes keep for a week just cold in a fridge. That drilled mini fridge and doser is quite a simple solution
It is exactly that! :) Here's an example ...

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InD creations is working on such a product, if I remember correctly its set to release in December

Here's a link
These guys don't seem to respond to any inquiries what-so-ever but they're opening up pre-orders next month :(

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They respond, I've messaged them before but they do usually take a month or so. Pretty sure they get alot of inquiries
They just got back to me today with the following cutout requirements:

rimless tank hole width would be MINIMUM 26mm wide x 21mm deep. If it were me, I would make the hole 30mm wide x 30mm deep. This varies on tank glass thickness however(thicker glass = less protrusion)

Euro braced tank width would be minimum 26mm wide x 20mm deep. Again, I’d go with 30mm x 30mm.

Should mirror the cutouts I’m getting for the plank auto feeder which is perfect.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys don't seem to respond to any inquiries what-so-ever but they're opening up pre-orders next month :(
This product will never make it to market. The backers will be lucky to get theirs.

Somebody said the guy mortgaged his house or something to trudge forward. I am assuming he is a dreamer but not paying attention to reality with his business plan (if he has one).

There is no business model in which this can be profitable long term and I assume the starter is praying for Bertram or another company that may be able to produce these and cover the overhead with their existing operations. to buy him out.

Super neat idea, but too costly to produce with too small of a target market and no long term revenue model, warranty and support to cover, etc. i wish them luck, but as i said, at best the backers will get theirs (3 years late) and maybe a second run of pre-orders and backers will get a set if the minimum injection molds, boards, etc. are met.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product will never make it to market. The backers will be lucky to get theirs.

Somebody said the guy mortgaged his house or something to trudge forward. I am assuming he is a dreamer but not paying attention to reality with his business plan (if he has one).

There is no business model in which this can be profitable long term and I assume the starter is praying for Bertram or another company that may be able to produce these and cover the overhead with their existing operations. to buy him out.

Super neat idea, but too costly to produce with too small of a target market and no long term revenue model, warranty and support to cover, etc. i wish them luck, but as i said, at best the backers will get theirs (3 years late) and maybe a second run of pre-orders and backers will get a set if the minimum injection molds, boards, etc. are met.
It would be a bit too misleading given the product is opening preorders Feb 2024 with a scheduled release of Q1 2024.

I’m not currently doubting they’ll release the product, but long term will be a bit questionable.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a bit too misleading given the product is opening preorders Feb 2024 with a scheduled release of Q1 2024.

I’m not currently doubting they’ll release the product, but long term will be a bit questionable.
It has been scheduled to release for years. It keeps getting pushed. If this time it is for real, then that would be great.

I would even consider buying one, because I am too lazy to build my own.

That does not change the fact that there is no viable long term business model. There are simply not enough target customers, let alone that both have the money and WILL complete the purchase, for the math to work.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been scheduled to release for years. It keeps getting pushed. If this time it is for real, then that would be great.

I would even consider buying one, because I am too lazy to build my own.

That does not change the fact that there is no viable long term business model. There are simply not enough target customers, let alone that both have the money and WILL complete the purchase, for the math to work.
Totally fair. My backup plan is building my own following one of the YouTube videos above.

I’lol take the lazy path until it’s not an option

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back