Frozen food -left in car overnight.

JAWSIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I went to the LFS and bought the large pack Rod's Food herbivore formula and went and left it in the car over night. The temp hovered around 77 and it was out for about 8 hrs before i realized it. It is still sealed and I put back in the freezer flat but I cant help but wonder and ask IS IT STILL OK TO USE?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn’t have a problem with it. Probably a few hours to unthaw then not really getting hot and most likely sealed from external bacteria.
Ultimately I would follow the advice I do for food: when in doubt, throw it out.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd feed it.
Fish don't get sterilized bacteria free food in the wild.
As long as it didn't "spoil" as in go bad/rancid, then I'd re-freeze it and use it.

OP
OP
JAWSIII

JAWSIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Thats sorta where I am at also It seems that out of 6 replies 2 are good with it and 4 say toss. Im gonna toss it , it was $25 but that is a cheap way out if I get my fish sick or lose even one

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Thats sorta where I am at also It seems that out of 6 replies 2 are good with it and 4 say toss. Im gonna toss it , it was $25 but that is a cheap way out if I get my fish sick or lose even one
Don't listen to those other people. Haste makes waste.
Microwave it until it boils, and then refreeze it just like our supermarkets do.
HTH.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi All,

I went to the LFS and bought the large pack Rod's Food herbivore formula and went and left it in the car over night. The temp hovered around 77 and it was out for about 8 hrs before i realized it. It is still sealed and I put back in the freezer flat but I cant help but wonder and ask IS IT STILL OK TO USE?
The fish will answer this. They either eat it or they spit it out and also if it smells wierd, I would not feed it although it already smells wierd frozen LOL

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back