Frozen food melted, still safe to use?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
3,158
Reaction score
2,642
Location
Falmouth
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I accidentally left the freezer door open overnight and by the morning most of the food was completely melted. Closed the door and refroze it. My question is, is it still safe to use? This happened a few days ago and I used it once or twice to feed corals. Is that safe? Thanks
 
thawed seafood goes bad at amazing speed….
…personally I’ve used re-frozen food, …all depends…
often you get mush with “husk” of my sis, shrimp, et …
I did feed it 2-3 times, though mentioned it when I visited my LFS and they strongly advised against it... did grab a few sheets of food to be safe.
 
thawed seafood goes bad at amazing speed….
…personally I’ve used re-frozen food, …all depends…
often you get mush with “husk” of my sis, shrimp, et …
Though some of the fish food was in there too, though it was shipped the day before on dry ice so it was still solid, though I won't have fish for another month so will any bacteria potentially on it die within a month of being frozen?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new