Frozen mysis shrimp alive?

killerinstinct

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Location
santa clara county
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding my nems and clown fish mysis shrimp right now, I waited 20 minutes to turn on the wave maker. Came back and I found a frozen mysis shrimp alive??? Should I leave it in my tank?
 
I was feeding my nems and clown fish mysis shrimp right now, I waited 20 minutes to turn on the wave maker. Came back and I found a frozen mysis shrimp alive??? Should I leave it in my tank?
Are you sure it wasn't an amphipod?
 
You sure? Im not sure that is possible. Interested to see other people's responses.
 
No you didn’t. Not possible. It was a hitchhiker.
 
That’s not possible! They’ve been frozen in your freezer at 0 degrees or below and before that flash frozen even lower for a period of time. I’m telling you that it’s physically impossible for them to be alive. Many types of frozen food are gamma irradiated as well. It had to have been something else and if it was a mysis shrimp it wasn’t from a frozen cube.
 
Last edited:
What can it be? It was the same size as a mysis shrimp. It was white kinda see through with black intestines and black eyes??
 
Mysis shrimp can hitchhike into reefs. It definitely didn't come in from the cube, but it could have come in from elsewhere.
 
Please post pics under white light intensity
 
What can it be? It was the same size as a mysis shrimp. It was white kinda see through with black intestines and black eyes??
Copepod or amphipod!
 
What can it be? It was the same size as a mysis shrimp. It was white kinda see through with black intestines and black eyes??
Im thinking a gammarid or Mysid but pics will confirm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new