Royal Gramma not eating mysis

Cornelia_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
42
Location
queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma is my first fish and is currently on day 26 in observation QT. She’s eaten freshly hatched baby brine shrimp and TDO Chroma Boost greedily since the first day. But she has zero interest in frozen hikari mysis.

I had planned on the frozen mysis being my staple food until I can get Fish Frenzy or something like that. Should I be concerned? Should I try exclusively feeding the mysis?
 
I don't think this is a reason to be concerned. Some fish won't eat certain things for whatever reason.
For example: I have two clowns. One eats Mysis, the other doesn't touch it. Just offer your fish some alternatives (a variety of different foods seems to be working best for long term health anyway), and it should be fine 🙂
Depending on the Gramma's and Mysis size it could also be too large.

If it starts eating less or don't touches stuff it used to, that's the point where I would be getting alarmed.
 
My RG would only eat TDO.

Same with my wild caught Hector's goby. Goes nuts for TDO, but won't touch LRS frozen food or mysis.
 
As stated above some fish just won't eat certain things. For 2 years my purple tang would eat flakes, pellets, brine and PE mysis but would NOT eat Hikari mysis. Completely ignored it for the first two years. Now eats it like crazy. One of the few fish that didn't like Hikari mysis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new