Frustrated with DOS Programming Across Large Quantity of Intervals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stagger your start and end times. Start 1 at 00:00 and end at 23:00, next at 00:10 and end at 23:10 etc etc

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern is that even with the staggering there is a risk of overlapping doses if the stagger intervals coincides with the dose interval. So with the below dosing schedule for example, I need to make sure my stagger time is towards the middle of the dose interval time I believe, otherwise the second dose of the first solution would dose at the exact same time (if i set the stagger to 17 minutes for example) as the first dose of the second solution starting 17 minutes later and so on.

But then every time the dose amount changes so does the dosing interval and thus the required time of the stagger potentially.

upload_2018-12-13_10-48-55.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go into the tasks section and choose DOS Additive Dosing. Set your start/end times and how many ml. It will do the rest! It will break it up into many tiny doses...sometimes 100/day. You should only need to set one interval/head.

To stagger when each element doses, stagger the start and end times. Example:
alk 00:00 - 22:00
ca 00:30 - 22:30

If it decides to dose every 15 minutes, then this won't work...you may have to choose something like 00:27 - 22:27 to make sure there is always an offset.

I hope this helps...it can do what you want it to!

It didn't register at first but I see now you are saying the same thing in the second to last sentence here as I am in my previous post. Unfortunately, this doesn't really help me since I need flexibility with changing doses often and can't be having to ensure the dosing interval doesn't match the stagger every time I change something. That sounds even more tedious than my current schedule.

I'm now contemplating the below schedule which would 100% prevent any simultaneous dosing and ensure gaps between solutions. By reducing the amount of intervals and expanding time of them this would cut my intervals by half and provide alk dosing every 3 hours which should be just fine. I just realized that by reordering the supplements that you can reduce the gap between alk dosing. I was dosing in order previously which groups the alk supplements and creates a larger time gap between alk dosing.

upload_2018-12-13_11-23-37-png.916402

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back