Fry hatching with lights on

  • Thread starter Thread starter NH Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NH Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are going to hatch tonight so I was looking at the clutch and noticed half were gone. I thought they might be getting eaten. I figured I better get them out now so I put the pot in my fry tank and started to set everything up. I looked down in the tank and noticed 5-6 fry swimming around. All the lights were on the whole time. So I shut the lights off and will see what happens in a couple hours. Has anyone had eggs hatch with the lights on?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new