FS: 12" BML Strip Light

CausticGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
245
Reaction score
9
Location
Spring Lake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a few of these 12"lights in different configurations to see what I liked best and to try to fit 3 in a BioCube 29, I could only get 2 under the lens so I am selling one. This is the regular output 20k version of their light. Used less then a week. Im running the current ones at about 75% to prevent bleaching in acans Looking for $100 shippd. Paypal Only.
 

Attachments

  • BML Light.jpg
    BML Light.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 270
Did you get the regular output custom made for 20k? I only see a 20k XB version on their site.

I'm interested as I had to press my old Biocube 14 into service as a temporary coral tank and am looking to upgrade the lighting.

Cheers!
 
Correct. It was ordered before they officially launched the 20k configuration. It is the same as the XB except has another royal blue instead of the violet only offered in XB. I put the XB bar on a 90 gallon tank I maintain and can't tell the difference. Maybe slightly more blue and less purple but very hard to discern for sure. Great units and customer service from BML!
 
This is the specific lighting layout. I forgot that we tried a little different layout then I noted previously on this one. We didn't use the 3k LED in hopes of achieving a little less of a yellow band in the dead center. Color spectrum analysis shows an almost identical output
Custom LED Report
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new